Monday 7 April 2014

Creation

Hey guys,

I'd just like to begin by saying where I've been for the past two weeks. Two weeks ago I was on a bus down to Mexico for a missions trip with my fellow students, so clearly I was unable to continue my schedule unless I were to run up and down the isles for an extremely long time (not that we didn't have the time). What comes with being on the road for that long of time is the food choices that they have on the road, which is something I had to work with. Although the food on the way there and back wasn't always the greatest and I didn't work out extra as I had planned, I ended up losing a total of three pounds of the duration of the trip. This is one of my most positive achievements from the past two weeks for sure. To put these 10 days more into perspective, you could start with the understanding that by the time you're finished running around all day playing with kids, cutting wood, hammering nails, carrying bags, climbing ladders, trekking through caves in Colorado, and constantly drinking water as well as eating a healthy meal in between, you end up working more than you ever would sitting in a desk at school and fitting in a short workout at the beginning and end of your day. It was almost more successful than I would have been at home, which I look at as a positive thing.

The back half of these two weeks was spring break. This week involved a whole lot of lounging around and recovering from the busy trip from Canada through the entire United States all the way down to Mexico. With relaxing comes snacking, television, movies, and drinks. I may not be a health expert but I can tell you that the amount of calories you burn sitting on a couch all day is not going to be as high as when you go for an hour run, unfortunately. I was looking forward to having the time to work out a lot more than I would usually be able to, but I ended up not doing as much as I liked. This was a negative part of the past two weeks that I would've liked to improve. For the next couple weeks I will have to work extra hard to get back into my regular routine.

One thing I planned on getting from this passion project is how to incorporate a Christian aspect into the project. A major part of these past couple weeks was being able to appreciate Gods beautiful creation. When you live in the same place all your life you sometimes take his creation for granted, but after travelling and taking in the perfection of his work you learn so much more. Working out in a different terrain and setting is something you should really take time to enjoy. When I go running outside I run in a straight line and focus more on the finish line, but when I'm in a different setting it makes me completely forget about how long I've been going for. I focus so much more on what God has given us to see, smell, touch, and hear. Hebrews 4:13 says, "Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account." In my mind we must appreciate his creation he has given us. I believe it will disappoint him if we don't look around us at what he has given to us. His creation is a gift, and we must cherish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment