Tuesday 20 May 2014

Mentor and Changes

Over the past couple weeks, the weather has been slowly improving. With the nice weather comes the ambition to do a lot of things outside. I have had soccer practices and games almost every day, which doesn't hurt because I still get my exercise. The one problem I have been faced with is the desire to relax outside with friends just enjoying the nice weather. I thought I would be more motivated to run, but I have almost been less just because we've been trapped inside for several months, unable to enjoy the outdoors.

I have also had some positive things happen over the past couple weeks. I spoke with my mentor and she said she would be able to make up a running plan for me as soon as possible. I told her what I like about running and what I dislike, and she said she would be able to customize a running plan that I would enjoy more than just running at a constant pace. It will make me faster and stronger, and will help improve my time. I am excited to see and record the results as they come. I will let you know about my progress as soon as I can.

One thing I have changed recently about my project is which race I will be entering. Since my dads recent injury to his hip he will be unable to run the Manitoba Marathon on Fathers Day with me. I was disappointed about this so I chose a different race to run in. I will be fundraising and running for a cause I could not appreciate more. My mom has a disease called neurofibromatosis, also known as NF, which is trying to gain awareness. I will have more information about the run as it comes, but I am excited to be a part of it.

Until next time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment